Using Process Explorer as the debugging tool
Using Process Explorer as the debugging tool/en
If Miranda NG freezes, hangs up or consumes CPU without a reason, you may investigate the case using Process Explorer tool.
All you need to do is the following:
- Download Process Explorer from Microsoft website. Run procexp.exe and accept license agreement by clicking Agree button.
- Download Miranda NG debug symbols corresponding to your current Miranda version. Extract the symbols to any directory on your computer (Miranda main folder will do).
- Point Process Explorer to the debug symbols using Options → Configure Symbols (Screen 1).
- In Process Explorer pick up Miranda process, right-click it and select Properties… (Screen 2).
- On Threads tab in the window that will pop up select the main thread. Under Windows 7 its name looks like miranda32.exe!wWinMain (Screen 3).
- Clicking Stack button will open the window containing the information which you may copy and attach to your bug report.