Plugin:TabSRMM/Title bar formatting
You can control which information will be visible in the message window title bar by using a custom formatting string. Some variables can be used as placeholders and will be replaced with the necessary information whenever the title bar must be updated.
Setting the title bar format
The format string is a per container option therefore it can be accessed by using the container options dialog, available from the message windows' context menu (you can right-click the toolbar or using the system menu of an open message window).
The format string is limited to 30 characters in length and can contain any printable character. Using placeholders is optional but desirable.
The available variables (placeholders)
- %n – this will insert the nickname of the contact.
- %a – the account name for this contact.
- %g – the group name for this contact.
- %p – same as %a – still there for compatibility reasons (in older versions, this was a placeholder for the internal protocol name).
- %s – the plain text status mode description, e.g. "Online".
- %u – the UIN of the contact (for Jabber protocol, it is the JID, for ICQ the UIN and so on).
- %c – the name of the container (when using named containers only).
- %o – the internal protocol name (since Miranda 0.8, this is equivalent to %p in older versions).
- %x – the custom xStatus name (not available for all protocols).
- %m – MetaStatus. This will show the custom xStatus name when such information is available. Otherwise it will show the same as %s.
- %t – the status message. If none is available, the static string "No status message" will be used.
- %T – same as %t, but doesn't show the static default string. If no status message is available, this placeholder will do nothing.
Any character which cannot be identified as being part of a placeholder will be printed in unmodified form.
The result of some variables will be translated, e. g. %m. The result of the %c placeholder will only be translated when it contains the default container name which must always be default.
The default value for the title bar format string
The default value is set to %n (%s) which prints the contact's nickname followed by the plain text status mode description.