This page describes the tweaks which can be set under Message sessions → Advanced tweaks. These settings are divided into 2 categories:
- Simple toggle options, sorted in a list of check boxes
- Settings which require a numeric value
Some of these settings will not take effect until you restart Miranda NG. These settings are marked with an asterisk (*) next to their names. Whenever you change such a setting, you should immediately restart Miranda. Some other settings will only require that you close and re-open active message sessions.
Detailed description of the available settings
The following options are located in the list box in the top half of the dialog window:
Message window tweaks
- Close current tab on send – when enabled, the current tab will be closed when you send a message.
You must also enable Message sessions → General → Sending messages → Close the message window on send to make this option functional. If this option is unchecked, the entire message window will be closed instead of the current tab only.
- Enable unattended send – experimental feature required for multisend and send later.
- Show client description in info panel- Shows the contact's client in the info panel. Not all protocols support it.
- Enable error popups on sending failures – this option can be used to enable the red popups appearing after a message delivery had failed.
Numeric value settings
- Message send timeout – this option can be used to tweak the timeout for detection of failed message deliveries. For technical reasons, the minimum value is 60 seconds and cannot be lowered. A lower value wouldn't make sense anyway.
- Input history size – this setting allows you to tweak the number of messages stored to the input history of a message session. Whenever you send a message, it is saved to the history and you can use +cursor keys to recall it later. The maximum number of messages stored is determined by this setting.