Miranda dbx_tree database driver
| Miranda dbx_tree database driver
This plugin is no longer being developed. It is replaced by dbx_mmap.
Provides extended Miranda database support.
This database driver has a different structure compared to existing databases. It was developed to provide some additional features but the development stopped after basic functionality had been implemented.
- Split database – Data is split into two files. Global settings and private data (like contacts, login data and history) are separated.
- Memory managment – The database is capable of managing its free space. DbChecker isn't needed for minimizing file size.
- Metacontact support – Provides basic functionality for contact management (in alpha state).
- Encryption – The database can be encrypted with selectable algorithm on three different levels.
- Virtual contacts – Duplicate a contact and move it to different groups.
- Virtual database – Run Miranda from a read-only directory or drive without missing any functionality. You can also suppress unwanted changes this way.
- Virtual events – Dbx_tree may save events into file only at your command.